Monday, October 12, 2009

A Couple of Hours Old…

mackay1hourold

There’s something about the birth of your new baby that is absolutely amazing and indescribable. From the baby taking it’s first breath of life with it’s brand new lungs and heart, changing from pale blue to warm pink, to hearing those precious baby sounds. And did I mention the smell? If we could bottle it, we’d be rich. There is an instant bond, love and friendship that occurs at this time as well – something that is priceless.

Mackay Matthew Draper was born on today, October 12, 2009. (He actually shares his birthday with Grandma Barbara – happy birthday mom). Mackay weighed in a hefty 9 lbs. even, 21” long. A perfect baby!

I’m going to spare the details of the birth – Mo can describe those things better than I. Plus, I didn’t think the whole labor thing is that bad – JK!!! I know better than saying that.

Here’s my description – Baby is here. Mom and baby are doing great!

15 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats you guys! I love the name and he is beautiful! That is so fun that he shares his birthday with Gramma Hummer:)

The Miche's said...

Congrats he is very cute! I am so glad both mom and baby are doing good! How fun that he gets to share his birthday with his Gma!

Nick, Jess and Bridger said...

He is darling...We're are so happy and thrilled that all went love. Love, NJ&B

Janica and Dan said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable!

Rob and Dani said...

Oh my he is beautiful! He just looks precious! I am so glad the birth went well! I was thinking about you all day yesterday! Congrats! And thank you for the adorable package, you are so sweet!

Heather said...

Yeah he's here! Congrats!

foxie4 said...

Congrats!! He is adorable and I love the name!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Love him! He is adorable. Congrats. Glad everyone is doing good!
Love the name!

Grandma Julie said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. Your family is so cute. I know Grandma Barb is happy to share birthdays. Congrats again.

Eli and Candace said...

Congratulations on beautiful baby #3! He's perfect!

The Beckstrands said...

Yeah he is so cute, I love all his hair and dark too. Now the fun begins.

Kristie said...

I'm glad baby and Mo are doing well! Congratulations!

Williams Post said...

I love you guys! And yes, I'm crying....way to go Mo!

Amy said...

Oh....he is so cute! I love that you put a video on there so we could see the little guy in action. I'm so happy for you guys and way jealous that you are not pregnant anymore. Will it ever end? :)

Bangerter family said...

So excited he is finally here! He is so so cute! Can't wait to see him! I hope all is going well! talk soon!