Tuesday, April 26, 2011

SLC 1/2 MAR.

We ran our first 1/2 marathon and loved it. We are running in the Ogden full marathon in May. This is our first marathon so we decided to run the SL 1/2 marathon as part of our training. Everything went great and we had a real good time. 13 miles didn't seem that bad because we've been training and have been running more than that. It was fun to be in an organized event and coming down to the finish line there was quite the adrenaline rush. We can't wait till May.

IMG_1811

Waiting for TRAX at Gateway. The race started at the UofU and we ran south to 2700S. and then north to Gateway.
IMAG0343

Tons of people, I mean tons!
IMAG0344

There are plenty of interesting characters that show up for these races. These dudes were as cool as them come. One in silver tight spandex and the other in a skort.
IMAG0345

IMAG0348
We did it! Our time was 2 hours flat.

3 comments:

Ute Family said...

Yay! Good for you guys! I was looking for you the whole time but I think I got there right after you crossed so I could wait for Jake. Darn it! I told Lydia to look for you and she was so excited that you were winning the same race that her daddy was! So cute!

Good job both of you! Good luck with the last half of your training. I hear this last bit of training is the hardest part but I'm sure you'll kill it! Nice work!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I am so proud of you guys! GOod job!

Anonymous said...

So, so proud of you guys. Way to go. I wish I could have been there to cheer you on.