Monday, July 6, 2009

Camping in the Uinta's

This weekend we went camping in the Uinta's. It was nice and cool and tons of fun. We went four wheeling Friday and Saturday. Matt and I rode the four wheelers and Mase and Max rotated at each stop to a new vehicle: Four wheelers, ranger, jeep. The kids decided to hold hands and stop the jeep.

Mase showing his big muscles.

On Friday we came back to camp after wheeling and spotted these 3 shiny motorcycles in our camp. Matt's dad and his high school buddies came up to visit us. It was kind of funny to see there shiny bikes up next to our muddy four wheelers.

Amy and Michelle are brilliant! They thought to bring up washable paints. The kids spent hours coloring their forts. They had a fireplace and everything. So cute! Thanks goodness it was washable it was all over the kids and when it rains you will never know paint was all over the trees.

It was so fun to walk down and see the kids concentrating so hard.

They picked a great spot for a fort. It even had this cute swing.

Saturday morning Matt and I took the kids on a little hike. We found a really cool waterfall.




My Boys!!

John had some killer games he played with the kids and they loved them! They loved kick ball. All of the kids against John.



Mase on third base and Max on second base

Here we are hanging out by our new trailer. I didn't think we needed it but I love it!! Being pregnant it is so great to have a bathroom and shower and all the works.

On Saturday night July 4th we went to the Oakley Rodeo. Every year I look forward to this. We went with a big group this year: My dad, Scooter, Britt, Amanda, John, Kurt, Lynn, Emily, Mike, Alison, Kyle, Paul, Amy, Lindsay.


Mase and Max were totally into the rodeo this year. Usually they are more into the treats. Mase didn't move as he focused on each event.

My dad bought the boys cotton candy before the rodeo and they thought that was great!

Max and mommy watching the rodeo.

My cute boys!! I love them so much!!!

Matt took a million pictures. These one is his favorite.

Mase and Max thought this was "Awesome"!

After the rodeo we headed up to Grandma Allred's cabin. Matt and I used to come up here when we were dating, I instantly feel in love with this place.

Matt's grandma is an amazing lady. I hope to have as much energy and excitement for life when I am her age. Since it was Sunday Grandma put together Sacrament: Youth Speakers, Speakers, Hymns and everything. It was very spiritual. We then proceeded outside to the flag pole. The flag was brought down, folded and then put back up. Matt's Grandpa did this for them when they were younger and we did this to honor him.



Mase and Max loved putting sticks in the river and following them. In this picture Mase is waiting for his stick.

The boys love the toys up at the cabin. Some are from when grandma taught Kindergarten.

It was very eventful 4th of July weekend. I am so thankful we were able to spend time with friends and family. We're grateful for our grandfathers that served our country and our current family members that have served. I am so grateful for our freedom and the country we live in.

8 comments:

Ricky Bangerter said...

What an awesome weekend, I love the rodeo shots!! We should camp more, don't you think!

Bellblogging said...

I love the painting of the fort! You guys are always having way to much fun, I'm pretty sure 3 wont slow you down!

Eli and Candace said...

Hey you got your trailer! Cool! I love camping, but I'll be sporting a tent for a while to come. Matt's G-ma's cabin just reminds me of Camron's jeep in the creek! HA HA - that was such a surprise in the morning! Also I didn't sleep a wink at the cabin. Looks like a fun 4th with tons of family.

Eli and Candace said...

Oh and Matt - I love the pic of the bronc rider! NICE ONE!

Williams Post said...

Good job Monique! By the way you are one hot pregnant cowgirl! My son is so very lucky to have you in his life and so are we. I love you! See you guys soon.....

Missy said...

What a great idea with the paint on the trees! I love the new trailer. We bought a new tent and thought we were living the good life.

Rachel said...

So fun that you got to go to the cabin for the 4th! Grandma always makes it so special. Wish we could have been there. Your little belly is soo cute!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Oh I heart the unitas and the oakley rodeo. we tried to get tickets this year, but what do you know. Sold out. I should probably buy them this year for next year.
You guys have so much fun together! I love it! What an awesoem family you have.
Love the idea of painting the trees with washable paint. I might just have to borrow that idea from you!