Friday, June 3, 2011

Ogden Marathon

A combined 900 miles and some 5 months later, it's come and gone. Matt and I had a crazy ambition to run a marathon. It's always been on our 'bucket-list' and we finally committed and did it. What a rush! We carb loaded the night before and left our house at 4am to catch the bus up Ogden Canyon. Pit fires kept us warm as we arrived and waited for the race to start. The sun rose over the mountain to warm us up as the race started. It was beautiful! We both felt pretty good and well prepared. We both got to know 'The Wall' and what it really feels like to hit at mile 20. It was pretty brutal for the last 6 miles but we ran through it. Thanks Kurt, Ali and the Frazier's for the support at the finish line.

DSC_0608

DSC_0614

DSC_0619

DSC_0621

DSC_0622

DSC_0633

7 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

Congrats to you both, that is quite an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

So incredible proud of you both. You guys are awesome!

Don, jaymie, 4 cute kids said...

Yay! That is so cool! What an incredible feeling i bet! love your pictures too!

thederricks said...

Wow!!! You guys are amazing! I am so impressed and very inspired!

Sarah said...

Congrats! A marathon is on my bucket list too :)

Ute Family said...

You two are amazing! And I love that you did it together! So fun! I know I'll never do one...I am super impressed with your dedication to that race! You are awesome.
And Moab/Arches looks like so much fun! You guys are always doing such adventurous, fun filled things! I've always wanted to go to all of those places! Can I join your family?! I'm sure Lydia would love it! :) You guys are the coolest!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I have to admit! I got a little choked up seeing this post! I am so proud of you guys and jealous! Way to go and you didn't even break a sweat! What the heck your face isn't even red!
This is amazing!