Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary Matt!

Matt and I were married 7 years ago today! June 28, 2001. It was the best day!!
Matt is the best husband. I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing person!

Our awesome families
Matt and I met when I was 15 years old. We met at a party. When I saw him for the first time I thought he was cute although I didn't say anything. When the party was over everyone was going home I realized I left my jacket. I went in to get it and Matt was wearing it. ( It looked hilarious on him as it was way too small) I asked if he had seen a gray jacket. He said "no". I didn't know if he was kidding around or serious so I said "OK". (I was totally unaware that he was trying to flirt with me)
This is our first dance. Viewmont's Valentines Dance 1996. It was Boys Choice and we had to wear matching shirts. Matt did a good job picking out the shirts however he got me a large. It looked like a nightgown. My only option was to tuck it in. Ha Ha nice pants!
Matt and I were on and off through out high school. We we would get in dumb fights and then take a few months break. The fights were hilarious. I think I initiated 99% of them because I was scared it would get to serious. That may be why it took us over a year and half for our first kiss.
After High School we continued to date until Matt went on his mission to Brazil. Matt and I wrote weekly the entire mission. It was a great experience that brought us way closer. When Matt came home from his mission I was totally unprepared. I had a big date night planned with my dance team friends from the U. It was going to be so much fun and I was so excited to have Matt home. We made it through dinner and then Matt asked if I could take him home. Poor Matt. I jumped him back in to life a little too fast. After that we dated 3 more months and Matt proposed.
Matt proposal was the best!(Thanks to Chan for some help) I was teaching dance like any other regular night. My older dancers were very attentive as we were doing ballet and it was a great class. My class was almost over when one of my dancers said they had a dance to show me. I didn't know what to think. They went to the big blue floor at Flip's Gymnastics. As they did this all of the classes came around to the blue floor and most of our family members that I didn't notice. They did their dance and ended in two lines to make an aisle. Then on the microphone Chan read "Oh Here Oh Here of Flip's Land a prince has come to take our princesses hand... super cute poem. Then they placed me at the end of the aisle. My little girls(Sophie, Graice,Bella.....) all dressed up came through the aisle throwing petals, then Matt came in wearing a tux and riding a stick horse. He kneeled down and everyone in the gym yelled "Miss Mo Will You Marry Matt?" Then Matt handed me a dozen long steam roses and asked me. I instantly said "Yes".
Matt is always so thoughtful and caring. I am so grateful for him in my life.
I love you!!

18 comments:

Rachel said...

So cute! I've heard your story before, but not the girl version I guess. What a cute way to propose. I love it, you guys are the best!

The Beckstrands said...

Happy Anniversary Matt and Mo!! 7 years, Wow, I like your pictures they are great. You guys are the best, we love you. Hope you have a great day celebrating.

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! It was fun to see your pictures from high school. What a cute way to propose :) Good job Matt!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! You're starting the 7-year itch! :)

Missy said...

Oh, how cute are you two. I love the pictures! Happy Anniversary.

Nick, Jess and Bridger said...

HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY!! The pics rock and are truely classic. You guys are such a great couple and have an amazing relationship! We love you two! J&N&B

Staci said...

happy anniversary. i didn't realize how long you two have been together or how long you've known each other. i think that is so fun and how fun it will be for your children to see pics of you before you were married.

danielle and jason said...

Happy Anniversary! What a cute story.(I think I had heard pieces before, but never the whole thing)

Jylaire said...

Happy Anniversary! Those pictures are great! I always love hearing how everyone met, dated, etc!

Joey and Nettifer said...

WOW! Loved reading that story! That is so awesome! I didn't know you knew him that long, you even waited for him on his mission!

Sara said...

It was good seeing you guys the other day too. Hope you had a decent anniversary even though you were sick. I will think about the reunion! SAR

Heather Jones said...

Happy anniversary!! That is the cutest story I love that he included the dance girls. Your pictures are all so cute don't you just love the high school styles!!HEHE

cmshort said...

haha, Matt still looks the same. I love it. Happy Anniversary!

Janica and Dan said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the story and the pictures!

Bangerter family said...

Okay so maybe you do look a little different now! It is so awesome to see pictures of that!

Eli and Candace said...

I LOVE these pictures!! And yes, those pants are something else! Matt you are such a romantic! Happy 7th anniversary - gosh that makes you guys seem old!

Bellblogging said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the High school pic's...that is awesome! You guys ROCK!!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Seriously, Matt and you are not a real couple. I am convinced that you are figments of our imaginations... Truly, you two were created "perfectly" for each other.... And how amazing you guys are, as a couple.. Gabs always says she wants to marry someone who treats her like Matt treats you... So, even Gabs has noticed how much in love you two are... seven years??!! Here's to another seven!! CHEERS